+WHAT LEAGUE DO THEY PLAY IN?
- The Villages Soccer Club is a member of GCFYSL- Greater Central Florida Youth Soccer League. We have been a member since 2008. For more information on our league please check our Club History page here or the league’s website here.
+DO TEAMS ATTEND TOURNAMENTS?
- Yes. Teams are always encouraged to enter tournaments. If your team is interested please talk with your Coach. The Coach will speak with our Director of Coaching to pick out the best tournament for your team.
+ARE GAMES PLAYED ON THE WEEKEND?
- Yes. Games can be scheduled for Saturday and Sunday.
+DOES MY CHILD NEED TO ATTEND TRYOUTS?
- Yes. Players will be assigned teams according to the evaluation results. We will not hold any spots. If you are not able to attend the tryouts there is a possibility that a spot might still be open. If you cannot attend tryouts, please contact us at 352-561-8239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If spots are still open we will contact you with further instructions.
+HOW LONG IS THE SEASON?
- Each season is approx. 4 months long with games beginning after a month of practice.
+HOW FAR SHOULD I EXPECT TO TRAVEL?
- Half of the games are played at home and half away. The away games, in most cases, are up to an hour away.
+WHAT UNIFORM DOES MY CHILD WEAR?
- Competitive players will receive two uniforms. One gold jersey to be worn with green shorts and gold socks and one green jersey to be worn with green shorts and green socks. For home games, our players wear the gold jersey with green shorts and gold socks but we ask parents and players to ALWAYS bring both uniforms. This is because in some instances players will be required to change if the opponent’s colors are too similar. If players do not change the game will be forfeited.
- Goalkeepers- we have made the decision for our keepers to wear the same uniform as our field players, however, they will need to wear the opposite color. For example, if the team is wearing gold with gold socks at home the keeper needs to be wearing green with green socks.